Friday, April 16, 2010

Urbanite Girls' Night

Every girl enjoys an occasional 'girls' night out'. The last one I went on was particularly original. My girl friends and I went to Urbanite, an event put on by the Art Gallery of Victoria. It is put on approximately every three months, you have to check their website for exact dates.

Each night has a different theme. This time it was a Japanese inspired evening. After picking up a sake martini, you could wander through the art gallery looking at traditional and post modern Japanese art.
In the gallery there was a tea house display made of styrofoam Attendees were encouraged to make a styrofoam tea house of their own. I decided to add a personal touch - my initials.
There was a fun art display done by a local high school. They were papier-mâché avatars. Some of them were really impressive. See Betty Boop on the far left.
A very lovely evening indeed. And it only cost $20. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment